Friday, 24 May 2013

Inspired

Eleanor Roosevelt once said "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience" A mentor said "Do what makes you happy". Summer is flying in and time is flying by. In the midst of March a few people had came to our class talking about careers. Indeed it had already been years since our biological parents had given life to us and now that we are in high school or in some cases for others who are already working or are just beginning, are hoping to succeed in whatever they love doing and dreaming of becoming. For those who had been put down, told so many times that you wont go anywhere and hearing people laugh at your dreams... did it hurt to hear it from someone dear? did it hurt to hear from someone whom you'd value their opinion? PROJECT INSPIRED: I've been there done that :) Yes, my parents dictate what I should be in life, but I have dreams too, and like earlier, do what makes you happy. I love writing, inspiring and helping people. Sadly my father thinks my writing is crap that I wouldn't get anywhere or get money just writing. Yes that's true, but there are other options, I could be a business person, I can start from the bottom and work your way up. Those who are in the spotlight and those who are well known, had even a far worst experience before me, they succeeded, and yes they had rubbed it in their faces that with patience and hard work they could go on top and prove themselves. I've read this book, by a blooming writer, Tracie Puckett. I absolutely love her books, as a teen it inspired me to write books as well. But the most inspiring thing I got by reading her books was one from her first free online book you could read online: The New Girl. Towards the end of the novel, Steph was asked why she idolized the famous designer, she says that "You're supposed to work at something because it's your passion" the reason being was because of her idol (Adriana Holbrook), a penniless immigrant who became a world renowned fashion mogul. She states that 25 years of having her doors slammed in her face she took the fashion industry by storm, and despite criticisms, her persistence payed off as proof that anything was possible. After reading this I was totally given the same sparking inspiration that made me start over again and this time work even harder. If reading some of the quotes I urge you to read the full context of Adriana from the book, and you two would be inspired. Although i'm not sure if that was a real story, but it was still inspiring. By now you should be bored, I am too. So lets cut to the chase: Don't let other's bring you down, live life to the fullest and like the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never harm me." its all words, its a piece of encouragement that helps you aim for your goals. Use it as a boost and not a put down, don't take it from the heart and instead use it against them and be the person you are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment